Telemental Health Resources
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Practice Parameter for Telepsychiatry with Children and Adolescents, (December 2008)
American Psychological Association
American Telemedicine Association
The Telemental Health Special Interest Group webpage (http://www.americantelemed.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3326) has several helpful resources, including:
- Links to a large database of telemental health empirical literature, listed by category.
- Evidence-Based Practice for Telemental Health, American Telemedicine Association (July 2009)
- Practice Guidelines for Videoconferencing-Based Telemental Health, American Telemedicine Association (October 2009).
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
42 CFR Part 482 and 485, Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Changes Affecting Hospital and Critical Access hospital Conditions of Participation: Telemedicine Credentialing and Privileging, published May 5, 2011, Federal Register, Vol. 76, No. 87
Department of the Army
- OTSG/MEDCOM Policy Memo 09-042, 24 Jun 09, Utilization of Tele-Behavioral Health Services
- OTSG/MEDCOM Policy Memo, 11-005, 24 Jan 11, Use of Telehealth in Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) Facilities
No link available
Department of Defense
- 10 U.S.C. 1094. This is the licensure law for military department health care professionals.
- DoD 6015.1-M, Glossary of Healthcare Terminology, January 1999
- Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 6025.18, Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information in DoD Health Care JPrograms, 19 Dec 02
- DoD 6025.18-R, DoD Health Information Privacy Regulation, 24 Jan 03
- DoD 6025.13-R, Military Health System (MHS) Clinical Quality Assurance (CQA) Program Regulation, 11 Jun 04. This document provides DoD licensure requirement policy (Chapter 4)
- Military Health System Coding Guidance: Professional Services and Specialty Coding Guidelines, Version 3.4, Unified Biostatistical Utility, 1 Jan 11. There is a section on Telehealth Services in Chapter 8.4.
Military Health System Coding Guidance: Professional ... - TRICARE.mil
- TRICARE Policy Manual 6010.57-M, February 1, 2008
- TRICARE Policy Manual, 6010.54-M, Change 132, November 23, 2010
Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Telehealth
- Telehealth Licensure Report to the Senate Appropriations Committee.
Brief description: “This report provides background information on licensure portability, summarizes the experience of grantees funded under the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Licensure Portability Grant Program, and discusses some of the issues and barriers affecting licensure portability.” http://www.hrsa.gov/healthit/telehealth/licenserpt10.pdf
National Association of Social Workers and Association of Social Work Boards
Standards for Technology and Social Work Practice.
National Center for Telehealth and Technology (T2), a component center of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury
Ohio Psychological Association
University of Colorado Denver Telemental Health Guide
Brief description: This guide was developed by the University of Colorado Denver with funding support from the Center for Mental Health Services. As described on the website, “The Telemental Health Guide provides information that is essential for addressing the critical perceptual, technical, administrative, clinical, and policy issues that have impeded a greater expansion in telemental health services.” The guide also has some helpful interactive online tools addressing issues such as room set up.