PFA Mobile was designed to assist responders who provide psychological first aid (PFA) to adults, families and children as part of an organized response following a disaster or emergency. This app is not intended to train responders nor meant to be a replacement for PFA training. It is a supplement to other resources that trained individuals utilize before, during and after a disaster response, allowing responders to review PFA guidelines and hear tips on putting PFA into practice in the field.
Materials in the PFA Mobile app are adapted from the Psychological First Aid Field Operations Guide (2nd Edition). This guide can be downloaded and free online PFA training is found here.
PFA Mobile is available for Apple and Android devices.
Features of the app include:
- Summaries of the eight core PFA actions.
- PFA interventions matched to specific concerns and needs of survivors.
- Tips for applying PFA in the field.
- Self-assessment tool to determine readiness to conduct PFA.
- Form to assess and track survivors' needs to simplify data collection and easy referrals.
PFA Mobile is a collaborative effort between:
- Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- National Center for Telehealth & Technology (T2)